United Way of Greater Toledo
Click here for details. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Packing meals for children
- Distributing meals to children
- Packing meals for seniors
Opportunities are updated as needs change.
United Way of Hancock County
Click here to volunteer to clean and sanitize at City Mission.
- Donate items directly to The Tabernacle for weekly distribution at The Hope Center.
- Non-perishable food items and school supplies – Drop off at The Tabernacle Mondays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Items needed: cereal, soups, pasta, hygiene items, notebook paper, pencils, crayons, scissors, and glue.
- Perishable food – Drop off at The Tabernacle Tuesdays from 10:30am-12:30pm. Items needed: eggs, milk, bread, any type of meat that has not passed a sell by date, vegetables/fruit in good condition.
- Provide online tutoring support for students. Click here for details.
Due to the national shortage of face masks, ProMedica is welcoming fabric masks made by members of the community. Click here for details.
A letter to an inmate at Toledo Correctional Institution sends the message YOU MATTER! Click here to send some encouragement.
- Check in with neighbors who are elderly or have compromised immune systems, to see if they need anything. You could place an order on Amazon for them to receive items they need, or even stop at the store for them and leave the items on the porch.
- Spontaneously do an outdoor spring-clean of an elderly neighbor’s yard.
- Commit to checking in regularly with family, friends, and neighbors—consider sending encouragement from the weekend message or the prayer focus for the day from A Time for Prayer
- If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of families in the city of Perrysburg, there are the following volunteer opportunities: delivering meals, staffing the food pantry, delivering technology or educational packets. Please complete the following form by clicking here and the Perrysburg Schools administration will reach out to you with next steps.
Keep checking back for updates. In addition, we ask that if you are experiencing any physical symptoms of illness, you would stay home and honor the social distancing guidelines that our state leaders have put in place for the safety of all members of our community.
Questions? Email Outreach@CedarCreek.tv